We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians whose ancestral lands that we work upon. We acknowledge Aboriginal people’s connection and relationship to county and land.
Port Augusta Youth Centre aims to:
- Promote, provide, encourage, empower, recreational, educational and social activities which promote equity and are culturally appropriate to all youth in Port Augusta.
- Identify, promote and develop leadership and enterprise within youth sector in Port Augusta.
- Develop network to provide a cohesive and collaborative approach that spans across government and non-government structures, organisations, service agencies and the wider community to provide optimised delivery of services to identified needs to youth in Port Augusta.
- Research and identify opportunities to develop sustainable programs for youth in Port Augusta.
- To provide a forum where youth voice and views are respected, valued and heard.
- Provide information for youth in the areas of training and employment, crime prevention, alcohol and substance abuse, recreational activities, independent living skills, counselling and health or as identified as a need by youth in Port Augusta.
- Support the activities with appropriate and adequate resources (manpower, finance, infrastructure and equipment.)